Thursday, April 2, 2009

Lowry Park Zoo!

We went to the zoo with Aunt Ashley, Keagan, Neicey, Parker, Aunt Bob and Evan on Wednesday! All of us really enjoyed ourselves! The zoo wasn't crowded and the weather was beautifully hot & humid! But, we honestly didn't mind :) I'll let the pictures do the talking!


This is us...maybe 10 minutes into it! Look at those steamy faces! Thank the Lord for breeze!


Josie and Jake loved feeding the Lorakeets nectar! Jake's crazy about him some birds!


Aunt Ashley found an inch worm on the picnic table! Josie LOVED him! He was standing up "looking at her" in this one!


A shout out to Parker & Neicey for the popsicle! Mommy was too cheap to come out of her pocket $3! Woo-hoo! Jake and Josie (and mostly me) enjoyed that little piece of frozen heaven!



They HAD to get on the Komodo dragon! Don't worry! It's not real! :)


The giraffe's were the biggest hit! We got to feed them a cracker! That joker licked me all the way up my arm! Josie fed him after that, but Jake was like, "I not feed dat grafe, you do it!" Little did he know I was thinking the same thing! Needless to say, Josie got to feed the giraffe Jake's cracker too!

The last picture of the day! They were ready to get back in the water, get a treat from the candy section in the gift shop and head home! That night at supper at 7:15 Josie laid her head on the table and said, "I need to go to bed. No book. No puzzle." Jake wasn't going down without a book though! They were both asleep by 7:30, despite the concern over it not being dark in her room. I told her to close her eyes and it would be dark. :) I should've gone to bed then! 6:00 came very early this morning! It was all worth it!
How could I forget this?? When we got home from the zoo, Jake wanted to try to pee pee in the potty like a big boy! Well, we were at Nana and Pa's. Joey took him in there to let him try. No business happened, but he sure did work hard! Anyway, I didn't bring any diapers in so we just stuck him in the van, diaperless, for the short trek across the pasture. I was lugging everything inside when my daughter yells, "Ugh, there's poop in this garage Mommmmmmyyyy!" I was thinking bird poop, frog poop, you know the regulars. Unh-uh! That was some Jakey poo! That boy had dropped him 2 big lincoln logs right on the floor. Those things slipped straight out of his plaid pants! Josie had stepped in a piece of it. I had stepped in a piece of it. Jake had several pieces of it in his crocs with a big ol funky smear down his leg. Oh my that was some nasty stuff! We (meaning Joey) got the dook cleaned up and I got the kid cleaned up! Just a funny ending to a fun day! Sorry, no pictures of that incident for ya!

9 comments:

lori said...

So glad you guys had fun!!

Cyndi said...

i love to see that you guys get together and do stuff with your kids. the pics are great...i need to get my kids over there.

Denise said...

We sure had a blast seeing you, Josie & Jake. Parker was still talking about Josie when we got home. He barely talked to her at the zoo, but sure did talk about her. He must have a crush on her. :)

Christy said...

Love the pics, looks like you all had a great time!

Leslie said...

I'm ok with no pictures of the dook! Sounds like an eventful day. Is that zoo in Tampa?

Deborah said...

we had so much fun too! But am i going to be aunt bob to your kids??? I have some cool pics too that I need to post....you were so good to get yours up so quick! The poo poo story was so funny! hope we can all get together soon. that's funny that denise said parker kept talking about josie b/c Evan never once mentioned Josie but talked alot about Jake and kept saying "Bye Jake" on the way home.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Looks ya'll had a blast! Sounds like Jake had a blast coming out his rear end. Man, that poop story reminds me of Connor taking a dump on my living room floor. Too funny!!!

The Magamolls said...

Too funny!!! Seems like there's never a dull moment with kids around...

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I love the poop story!! I'm cracking up as I type. I'm glad the zoo was fun as well. It was so good seeing you today. You are so beautiful and so are your children.