Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Giddy Up Horsey!


She got to feed the horsey a mint!



All geared up for Safety!

Josie, Ashley, and Lady!

And here's the Party Girl Peaches herself!


I have not been on a horse in what....17 years or more. It was with Ashley to Wildwood High School to see some boys! I mostly remember my horse getting spooked and spinning circles (lots of them) in front of the gym!! I do believe that was the last time I rode :)

Ashley wanted to take Josie riding. I was all for it as long as she wasn't riding with me. I can just see us now looking like were on some freaky fair ride spinning round and round! Lori went and rode Angel. Now, isn't that the name you'd want for the horse you get to ride? Angel! Way better than Wicked, the one beside it! Keagan got Swan. Ashley and Josie got Lady. I got Peaches (the Party Girl)! Seriously, that's what her tag said!

We got to ride for an hour through some trails in Ocala. We did all kind of horsey things...galloped, trotted, walked along, cantered, and ran! I think I got all those names right. My main concern was that Peaches (the Party Girl) knew how to Ho! That meant stop :)

Peaches was "a little over weight" according to the guide! Woo-hoo! That meant she wouldn't be trying anything fast on me! Poor girl was sweating and huffing! I couldn't help but ask if she had asthma. That's how I found it she was pleasantly plump! She sat pretty comfy, but I'm still doing my John Wayne walk and it's been close to a week since we went!
Josie LOVED riding. She preferred walking as opposed to running because she said it hurt her tummy when they slowed down. That girl was bouncing like she was on a trampoline. Her little white helmet just a bobbin! It was too cute! The pictures are sweet. Josie was in her cowgirl shirt and boots and her hair was all Ellie Mae Clamented up! Such fond memories! We'll be going again, I'm sure!

8 comments:

lori said...

You should have told how we both put Keagan in harms way rather than ourselves :)

I am just getting over the John Wayne walk...

Josie was so brave and so cute

Deborah said...

how fun! josie looks absolutely adorable with her pigtails and boots! I think the last time i rode a horse was when i rode with you at ashley's and you ducked for a branch and didn't tell me to duck!!! :) good times!

Jill said...

Yeehaw! now, that there's one dad-burn cotton-pickin' shoot howdey of a gal ya got. Them genes are spookin' frightin...purddy.

Sure am surrey bout yer privvy-parts.

Cyndi said...

Love those piggy tails...she is a beauty! That sounds like lots of fun and something she will always remember.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I didn't know horses could eat mints, was it to spruce up his bad breath? Josie looks so cute!!!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

OMGooooooooodness! She is too cute. I just love those pics. I need to know where you went. Abbie Rae loves horses and loves to ride. It would be a great b-day present.

Leslie said...

Josie couldn't be any prettier if she tried. Daddy's going to have to lock her up one day...

Denise said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Josie looks like a natural. :) The cutest darn cowgirl in the world.