Thursday, September 4, 2008

Wednesday's not here anymore!






Well, as some of you know, Josie is no longer in preschool! We tried it. She liked it, just not enough to stay there without me! The candy box at the end of the day was almost enough to win her over! We'll always have her pink and gold glitter princess back pack and a closet full of new school clothes to show for it!

Have you guys heard of the Five Love Languages??? Well my top 2 are a tie for physical touch and quality time! I'm all about being with the people I love. If you ask Joey he'll tell you I spend that time practically in their laps (and I'm 31.) So, I'm sure in time my clingy girl will branch out from me some and it'll be bitter sweet. Until then, I'll enjoy having her close.

In place of 3 year old preschool, we've started dance and Kindermusik. Josie totally loves them both. You'll see her adorable self in her dance outfit with Pa's boots on! In music class, there was a part when the kids were supposed to roll on the floor. Josie wasn't about to have that. She says, "It'll mess my hair up, Mommy." Such a girl! Jake gets to do the Kindermusik class, too! Ohhhh, you should see that cute little codger in there. He is such a nut! See him practicing on the Dora potty. No, he's not practicing how to use the potty. He's playing his conga!

10 comments:

Hannah said...

So sorry that preschool did not work out. At least you gave it a great try!! Maybe next year she will be a year older and ready to take on preschool then! Enjoy your time with her! I know you do!!

love you girl!!

Deborah said...

That's right...you tried and if she didn't like then that's just fine!!! Because she will be in Kindergarten before you know it! i love the pics...especially the one of josie with the gators hat on! Go Gators!

Jill said...

It is the grin that gets me everytime! I want to eat him up. If he knew, he would never grin at me again. So dont tell. And the little princess...keep her close...it will be gone before you know it and who cares. She is beautiful, social, kind, talkative, witty, and a million more. By the way, Steph was quoting the scripture... yeah, I am in LOVE!

The Russ Family said...

She is the cutest little girl! I'd keep her home with Momma too. That has to be so hard especially with the first one. I will let you know when I find out what I'm having. It will be a while though. Couldn't get into see Dr Moffett until the 18th. :-(

lori said...

Jake is to cute!
And Josie will be going off to school soon enough, so I am glad she'll be at home with you for another year, now when I stop by I will not miss out on my Josie time.

Leslie said...

I wish I could keep mine home. My sitter for Hudson quit 2 weeks ago, so he will be starting in a daycare Monday. It breaks my heart, and I have cried for almost 2 straight weeks, but I know God has a plan. This seems to be the only open door, so we are walking through. I know Josie will do well in school one day. I don't blame her for wanting to stay home with such a sweet Momma!
Love,
Les

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I'm glad to hear that you got into Kindermusick don't ya just love Ms. Sharon! I love that Josie gets to be home one more year with Connor!

Nana Net said...

J.P. keep them babies home as long as you can! Cause before you know it they are walking out the door as adults.. :0(
One thing I do know is that you truly are a great Mom to Josie & Jake! Plus why spend the money for school, when she has the best teacher there is already at home? You, silly....

I do love the pictures! They look so happy all of the time. And their expressions are always different in everyone of them! :0)

We love & miss you all terribly bad!

Denise said...

Taking dance and music classes will get her plenty of outside interaction and she'll have a blast too. How fun that she and Jake get to take a class together. Josie is too darn cute in the tutu and boots. :)

Cyndi said...

Hey girl....take it from me, keep her home if you can. Last year, my in laws turned the restaurant over to us, and I had no choice but to put Amanda Lily in Pre K 3. I HATED IT. This year, she is only going half days. Next year, I will not have the luxury of choice (kindergarten). Good for you for realizing it was too soon for you both. You are such an amazing Mother!