Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tidbits from the week!





I love these children God has given me! I just love them! Some days, especially lately, I wish they'd let me sleep just a wee bit more. But, that love is there so big inside of me that it makes my heart hurt.

Earlier this week Austin, my nephew, decided to make sweet tea. Josie and Jake were all about being A's helpers. They call him A. I don't know why. Both of my children can pronounce his name, still they choose to call the boy a letter! He doesn't mind at all. So...Austin makes this tea. That youngin used 2 CUPS of sugar. Yes, 2 cups! Christy uses 2 scoops...that doesn't mean 2 cups. I didn't know the difference. I am not a sweet tea maker. I'm not a tea maker of any kind, so I was like, "Go on ahead with yo bad self, boy!" Jake and Josie got to "tir,tir, tir" as Jake says. Notice the towel on the floor. Those 2 stirred their little hearts out all over my floor. It'll clean, right? I loved this picture of Princess whoever she was that day with the shirtless wonder. I was looking at the pictures of Jake and my son does wear a shirt, just not in the past few blogs! :)

The next two pics are walking pneumonia boy. Jake has had that for heaven only knows how long and I've been putting it off as allergies. Finally, I took him to the doctor. Joey pretty much made me. Ya'll know what that's like. Half the time you take them and it's the common cold. Didn't want to waste the energy. Turns out Jake-Jake has some p-neumonia. Poor fella. I've had him at Ethan's soccer practice, games, church, friends houses, even the beach! How sad is that? In his pictures he's using his breathing machine. He's blowing "bubbles" at the animals in the book. That only works some of the time. The other times he's screaming his fluffy blond head off. He's on all kinds of drugs! Lord love him!

The last picture is too sweet. That one truly makes me melt. It's Josie and her Manny. She's been wanting my Mama to sleep over with her. Josie told mom that she's got a bed under her bed she could sleep on. "It'll be so much fun, Manny!" I know you can hear her say it in her Josie voice. So, there they sleep! I love my mom for doing that. I just hope they both get some sleep tonight. :)

Finally, yes finally! I want you to pray for my babies. There's all kinds of stuff going on with their bodies. I'm ready for them to be better! Thank you! I'm so glad you've taken the time to read this!

12 comments:

Nana Net said...

Oh my, I do love me some McD' youngens! And of course their Mom & Dad too! The pictures are cute as can be! Know that I am a praying for them all to be healthy.
By the way 2 scoops do equal 2 cups of sugar. LOL (I thought I would past that on to ya)
And I am so glad to see your Mama spending the night with you all.
I love ya all.

lori said...

My poor Jake!! I even had him running the soccer field

I will be praying for your sweet kiddos

lori said...

Oh and did you drink that tea?

Jill said...

I do love those youngins...I got me some "pulling back' love from Josie yesterday, I wanted to tell her I would be praying for her today, but I knew she would be asking her mama, "why she praying for me?" and be worried. So, my dear friend. Know, we held up Josie today in our bible time. We trust God to save and keep us.
"My soul finds rest in God alone, my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalms 62:1,2

Christy said...

Your kids are absolutley adorable. I love all of your posts, I laugh at loud at them, you have such a way with words...LOL
Thanks for all your sweet comments you have left for me too!
Also, I wanted to say thanks for lending us your husband on Saturday morning to mow my Nana's yard, it was such a blessing for us, that is one huge yard! I dont know how we could ever thank him enough for that.

Deborah said...

loved the pics! i know what you mean about wanting to sleep just a WEE bit more...Evan has decided 4:30 is wake up time now. YIKES! We're praying for you and your chitrins too!

Nana Net said...

Thanks for the comment on my page. BTW my scoop measures out to 1 cup and I make 2 gallons of Sweet Tea @ a time! LOL Ya know how I love me some Sweet Tea!

Denise said...

That's such a cute picture of Josie and Jake laughing together. I love seeing siblings have fun together like that. Poor Jakey - Pneumonia???? What the hay! I hope Josie's doctor appt. went okay. I'm praying for them both!!

The Russ Family said...

I am just getting a chance to catch up on my blog reading this afternoon. I'm so sorry your babies haven't been feeling well. I hope they are better now. I will be praying for them. Nothing in the house is quite right when they are sick.

Leslie said...

I don't think I would be able to let my kids stir the tea! I might me a tid bit controlling. Letting Raleigh help was the dishes is pushing it. I am glad Jake and Josie have such a good Momma...

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Sorry it took me so long to comment, I adore the tea pic. I hope you & your babies get well soon. Connor & Caroline have been missing them some Josie & Jakers!

Christy said...

Hey! Thanks, I made it myself...Im trying to learn how to make backgrounds and banners...After I get good at it I can make you one if you like.