Thursday, August 28, 2008

I "heart" New York!






I love New York! I do need one of those stank white shirts that say I "heart" NY! Never could bring myself to buy one, though.
These pictures are only a few of my favorites. My sweetest sister and I are at a yummy Italian restauant (Carmine's) in the first picture. The next pic is Broadway where we watched Grease. We love us some Grease! Um, um, um! Taylor Hicks (Idol winner from 2 seasons ago) was the beauty school drop out guy! I didn't really think I'd like Broadway. All those overly dramatic faces and all, but I was way wrong. It's one of my best memories! :) Joey was tickled pink that we got that out of our system before he came with us in August.
The next two are us in Central Park. That is the prettiest place. It's funny how drawn I was there. I go to the city that never sleeps to stroll through the peace and quiet. Don't tell anybody, but Christy took those pictures. Yes, my sister, who had surgery not even 24 hours before these shots were taken! My mom would whoop my hine if she knew I wasn't the best babysitter! But, you can't make that girl rest. If she doesn't want to, she won't!!!! That bridge is the one you see in all the movies. It's in "Enchanted." Josie loves that one. Surprise surprise! My princess enjoying a princess movie!
I did save the best for last. You'll notice it's the Hershey store on Times Square. Oh yes, the Hershey store! That place was almost too much for my little heart to bear. You know that saying, "Like a kid in the candy store!" Well, that was me. It was heaven on earth. I'm 100% my heaven is gonna include the biggest chilled hershey bar ever with a side of peanut butter! Some people appreciate a good meal....I appreciate a good piece of candy, or two, or three! :)
We had so much fun. We went everywhere that counts! Lots of Law and Order watching went on! It's pretty cool and scary to watch that show in New York. We had our fair share of Michael Phelps and the young gymnastic girls,too! I've also never walked so much in my life. You just feel so healthy there! Minus the bad smog and fumes you're breathing in :) Ok there's New York in a very little nutshell!

9 comments:

lori said...

I am so glad you posted about NYC. And I have that stank shirt from my trip to NY, I sleep in it all the time. And I can not believe you did not mention the awesome bike taxie, or you tripping.

Ps I'm so jealous (hee hee)

Nana Net said...

What great pictures! My favorite is of Christy and you. I just get goose bumps everytime I see you two together! But we know why! LOL
And I love seeing Joey in them there Levi's!
Now be sure to blog one day about the trip with your Mama, Christy and you too! ROFL
Take care.

Love, Aunt Nana Net

P. S. I am working on getting my Blog started again! As soon as I can get time.

Hannah said...

"Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today, i want to be a part of it, New York, New York!"

This is what I think about when I think of New York! I have always wanted to visit there. I guess I shall wait until the twins are older!!

love you girl!

Denise said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a good time and that Joey got to go with you. I think I would love Broadway and Central Park. One of these days I'll make it up there. :)

Jill said...

I bet you got better sleep in Ny than in SA...better sleeping partner for sure...but you were like a durn bear hibernating under the polar ice cap...well, thanks for taking me along and for sharing the steak. Kudos for the chewy sweet tarts.

Deborah said...

Awesome...NY is definitely on my "TO GO" list...i even priced a short weekend trip but still too much for my cheap wallet. Well, that and I still can't bear the thought of leaving Evan. So maybe next year...denise and i keep saying that. we should plan a group trip or something! Glad you had fun though...love the pics!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Oh man, you make me miss NYC! I wanna go back! Maybe next time we'll all go together and we'll all buy us a stank "I heart NYC" shirt!

Cyndi said...

You went to NYC???? That is AWESOME. It looks like you had a great time. I have never gone, but I sure hope to one day. Thanks for sharing!

Christy said...

Thanks for the comment and the vote of confidence... Your New York pics are great and you are so lucky that you and Christy got to share that together. My mom wants to take Mandi & I one day...
Your kids are adorable and I love your blogs too!
Cant wait to read more!