Friday, July 25, 2008

Tears



Look at that first picture! Those of you who were around me then can hear that cry. My oh my! And that second picture is my precious baby now! The other night I was rocking Jake before I laid him down for the night. Don't you just love those moments? As if this one wasn't sweet enough, Jake and I got to laughing. I was squeezing him really tight going um,um,um. He thought that was just the funniest thing. If you know my Jakers you're very aware of that deep laugh he can give you. Well, that night we were laughing so hard we were crying! Josie and Joey even came down the hall, flipped the light on, and asked what on earth was so funny. For whatever reason we just laughed harder. They shut the light out and left us with our joy! It went on for at least 10 minutes. Any Mommy knows how special that kind of moment is. But for me it meant more than I can even say. God spoke to my heart about bringing me and Jake full circle. He and I had rocked in that same chair and cried many many many many tears together. Tears because he hurt so badly and I couldn't make it better. Tears that lasted much longer than I thought we could bear. But the tears that night were happy tears. Ones I cried because I could make my little man crack up like that. Ones that left me feeling like God DID know what He was doing when He trusted me with Jake! I do believe God was telling me He's turned our weeping into laughter! That night is probably my most treasured moment with my boy! I'll be forever thankful and overwhelmed for what God has brought us through! :)

7 comments:

lori said...

oh my word! That picture took me back. He is soooo full of joy now and can just make anyone smile, He is such an awesome boy... I love him, and I love that you used that song..perfect...

Deborah said...

what a sweet story of what you and Jake have been through. I bet you'll never take that adorable laugh for granted huh?

The Russ Family said...

That is such a sweet story. I love moments like that when you know it is definetly a God moment. Nothing compares. He is such a cute little boy. You do a great job with them.

Jill said...

precious, precious, so precious.

Denise said...

Look how beautiful he is. Such gorgeous eyes. I'm afraid he's going to cause some tears later on in life too - cuz he's going to be a heartbreaker. Just kidding, but the girls will be chasing after him. :)

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I'm glad you finally blogged this! I just love you and Jake so much. I cried again hearing this story. That sweet, crazy boy - you just can't help but love him!

Leslie said...

Those are the moments that make your life worth while. There is nothing like a little boy and his mommy. They are just so sweet and so full of love. Priceless!