Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Dora and Diego Day!





Well, everyday is Dora and Diego day. We just also have Princess and Prince Charming day, Lady day, I'm a Mommy day, I'm a Baby day, (all in the same day). Sometimes all in the same 30 minutes. Anyone who knows Josie knows of her love for Dora and Diego. We actually took her to see Diego Live. Her face was priceless when Alicia took the stage. Dora showed up with Backpack, but there was no Boots. She kept asking me where he was. Again if you know Josie you know she will not take, "I don't know" for an answer. So, I told her that Boots was with Abuela (Dora's Grandma). That sufficed. Today, she's decided to be Dora and Jake is Diego. She's got her Backpack, Vote for Pedro shirt, beach pj shorts, and her beloved Dora shoes. She and Jake are running around the house rescuing squirrels for the time being. Jake actually has Tico the squirrel in his mouth in a few of these shots. Heaven only knows what animal will need their rescue skills next. Now they're headed for the Rescue Center! I love this whole pretend world. Jake just cracks me up. He's along for the ride. I wish you could hear him saying G0-go (that's Diego in Jake language). I wonder what Jake will pretend to be when he gets the chance! Probably someone with earplugs in to block his sister and Mommy out! :)

6 comments:

lori said...

So Cute. That girl is great at pretend. My favorite will always be when Ethan was her prince charming.

Denise said...

Look how proud she is to have her Dora backpack and shoes on. Too funny.

The Russ Family said...

Josie is just beautiful and Jake is a handsome little man. I can't wait until Drew has a brother or sister to play with. For now, he has Vegas (our dog). Looks like they have lots of fun together.

Deborah said...

Pretend play is awesome...let their little imaginations run wild. i can't wait until evan does that!

Leslie said...

What a great idea! It sure would be fun to be someone else for the day. Kids are the funniest little things. The stuff they come up with?!

Nana said...

I love the pictures! They are the most beautiful grandkids ever - joining cousins Taylor and Elijah, of course! Josie's fun little world is priceless and so is her mom & brother who go right along for the ride!