Monday, May 4, 2009

Paw Paw & Jake

Paw Paw is my Mama's Daddy. We get to see him at least once a week! Every Tuesday we get together at Mama's for family night. It always makes for good food and even better stories!


Manny (as Josie calls her), Mammy (as Jake calls her), and Granny (as the other grans call her) almost always has surprises for the kids. It can be anything from food to stuffed animals...which she knows I adore....Ha. Stuffed animals aren't my thing, but I don't deprive my children of the joy they bring...just not to me! Barbies and those little tiny princess dolls with the rubbery clothes that make you wanna cuss are a big hit for the Josinator! This time she got Jakey a pink t-ball set! He didn't seem to care about the color choice. All he knew was that he was gonna get to whap that thing and that he had an audience! Here are some pictures of Paw Paw and Jake along with a short video! Nennette, I thought you'd love these! :)










8 comments:

Jill said...

Can a person have too many people who adore them? I think your kids are heading in that direction...but I am not willing to give up my spot, so just keep feeding them so they are around to brighten our days.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Pink must be his color the way he is hitting that ball! How neat that you have pictures and video of Jake with his great-grandfather. That is something special, he'll appreciate when he's older.

Leslie said...

It is too funny that you mentioned the greatness of Barbie! My husband cringes any time I say Barbie boots! That is why he is so glad we are having all boys. I bet Jake will be a great t-ball player. Love the pink...

lori said...

I don't even know what to say. I love my Jake and like Jenny said having these pictures with his paw paw oh so special..

I can't wait to see that boy on the ball field for real

Nana Net said...

JP, THANKS so much for that! Oh how Paw Paw does love his Jakers and Josie! Plus you too! As well as all of his kids, grandkids, and great-grandkids! They look like they are having a blast there playing ball. I just know that Jake will be one great ball player!

P.S. I tried to call you back today with the answers to the marker problem! So give me a call back. And YES the beach is lovely! got to go. TaTa

Love, Aunt Nana Net

Cyndi said...

Oh my the little princess dolls. I can never get the shirts off and on! Pink is great for boys!
One day you are going to be sooooo happy to have that video.

Deborah said...

that boy can swing that bat! love the pictures and the video! how sweet. your Paw paw looks like he's in heaven playing with Jake!

Denise said...

A pink t-ball set? What was Manny thinkin??? Too funny. I haven't seen your Paw Paw in a long time but looks like Jake's got him wrapped around his finger. Your kids have really softened him up. :)