Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Raindrops, an Airboat, and Bobo!

If you live in Florida you are more than aware of the wonderful rain we've been getting. Back in the day, before kids, I would have probably slept through it all. Now, they'll be NO such thing happening :)

When we were at Mama's the other night I couldn't resist letting the kids play in the rain. They were so stinkin cute. Jake loves the puddles. No surprise there.



It looks like he's squatting to pee in this one. Yeah right! He simply won't potty train even if it means getting to pee outside. Maybe one day we'll be past the diaper phase :)



Josie refused to remove the hair bow or barrette. She insisted she have her hair that way. It looked hilarious even before the rains came. But she told me she looked beautiful and she did and that's what counts! There were pants on her when we started, but she got too cold to keep them on. She certainly looks warmer now. :)



The rain slowed down so good ole Angie got the hose out. Some of you reading this live close enough by that you probably heard the yelling.



Then comes Bobo pulling up with his airboat in tow. Oh you guys there are way too many "you might be a red neck jokes involved in this visit." And I mean that with the utmost respect. I dearly love my big brother. The kids are crazy about him. I need to find the picture from Christmas when he and Josie were comparing tattoos. His aren't washable though! Brett fired the engine up on his airboat and Jake started screaming with delight. He kept saying, "Bobo turn on dat washing machine." I'm like yeah buddy that's a washing machine on the back of the boat! Ha!

FOUND IT! Here's the tat shot!
Then he cleaned up real nice for another visit the next day. We very very very rarely get to see him, so it was really nice to have his company two days in a row!


Yeah, that's my kid in her p-jammers. It's one of the simple pleasures of being home. She would wear them all day everyday if I let her. Of course there'd have to be some princess costume intermissions off and on throughout the day. I just let her because in a few short months she'll be a big girl going to preschool (for real this time). It's amazing how quickly time goes by.




I thought she looked pretty here. She's forever posing for me. In this particular one she grabbed the basketball net and was like, "Hey take a picture of me. This is such a good one Mommy."




They looked too sweet not to put this one in. I love these children and this life. Their sweet little faces make it all worth it at the end of the day! Ummm, ummm, ummm!!




9 comments:

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I love the picture of your brother and Josie comparing tats. That could be on a redneck greeting card, it's too cute! Life is too short not to live in your Pj's all day while you can, right?

lori said...

Tell your brother he cleans up real nice.
My kids spent the day playing in the rain too....Love it...

Deborah said...

loved your post...i think I have too many comments so I'll keep it short and sweet!!! Loved all the pictures. you do have some cute kids! playing in the rain is the best...I've done it a few times myself as an adult! actually Wendell and I have a Target memory of getting carts in the rain...:) as far as a "you might be a redneck" picture, I have one of Terry Paul carrying groceries from the truck to the house in a wheelbarrow! HA! Now that's a redneck! and i just love that your family has a weekly gathering...wish my family could do that.

Cyndi said...

I didn't even know you have a brother. That is so funny them comparing tatoos. Josie is a beautiful girl. Wow. Oh, we are all about PJ's at home, all the time. Hey, she's at home, right? Why wouldn't she be in her PJ's? Jakers seems like such a firecracker. I bet he is fun to raise. You are blessed girl..keep countin em.

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Dancing in the rain........brings such joy and freedom to our souls. Love all the pics. Josie is quite the model.

The Magamolls said...

AAAHH kids being kids! LOVE IT!! I can't wait for all the wonderful things that are ahead for Mason! Your kids are so stinking precious! Josie is absolutely BEAUTIFUL & Jake seems like the ultimate "little man"! You & Joey are very blessed! :)

Nana Net said...

Memories come flooding back to me! Oh my, how wonderful it is to be a kid and play in the rain! My Lord, even to be an adult and do it is such fun!!!!! It just frees your soul...
I love all of the pictures. And even Bo looks good with him & Josey comparing Tattoos!
Your babies are so beautiful! And we know where they get it from! :0)
Love & miss you all!

Leslie said...

Josie is beautiful! Looks like ya'll have been making the most out of the weather!

Denise said...

Wow - Brett looks like a completely different person with that beard. I wish I could have heard Jake squeal with delight over that air boat. Parker would have been giddy over that too. Tell Josie I love her pretty hair in the basketball net picture!