Friday, May 8, 2009

Your Son!

Yes, YOUR SON, as my husband so affectionately called "our sweet little innocent "Jake last week. Your son equals when our child makes a poor choice he becomes Mommy's. My son equals when our child makes a good choice he belongs to Daddy. Let me use these in a sentence. My son cuddled up with me in the bed and gave me the sweetest sugars this morning. The flip side is where this post comes in. JEANNE, LOOK WHAT YOUR SON DID!!!!!!!


First of all, how could this face be the face of a little boy who could do such a thing? For real?


Well, it is the face of such mischievousness...... This is where Saint Joey is using major tone-age with me. Joey is so spirit controlled it's enough to make this loose lipped woman lose it! He rarely gets upset. Can you believe he's actually telling me to put the camera down ( in his meanest voice possible)? Here's the proof that Jake really is MY son. Do you see the permanent marker all over his legs? Oh my!!!


He didn't stop there. Here's some Sharpie on Saint Joey's console......



......and seat.....


......on the outside of his truck.....



........on the headrest......


As we tried to clean up we kept finding places where MY son Jakey had been. There was marker on the seat belt clip, the floor mats, the passenger side door. Alot, alot, alot as Jake says. Oh man, what a mess! So after googling "how to get permanent marker out of skin, upholstery, vinyl, outside of vehicle" and then some. I stumbled on to the items below.



Spray sunscreen was the big winner! It got almost all of the marker off Jake's legs!


Hairspray was a close 2nd removing Sharpie off the door.



The baby wipes did absolutely nothing for us! Folex, as suggested by Aunt Krista, got most of the marker out of the upholstery. We tried toothpaste and hairspray on the dash, inside door, and console, but to no avail. Google isn't Gospel! Before I googled I tried Magic Eraser. That stuff does everything, right? Yeah, including taking the finish off Saint Joey's interior...oops! Turned out spray sunscreen saved the day on that one, too! So what if his finish is a little dull. It's better than black from permanent marker.
I hope you're wondering what I wondered out loud to my very irate husband! What on earth were YOU doing while Jake had the time to do what he was doing? Believe it or not, he was right beside him laying sod. He was just a few feet away. Joey said he had that moment. The one where you say to yourself, "Uh-oh, Jake's been quiet for some time now!" Then the feeling of panic hits and you realize.......that your wife's son has just made a very poor choice, to say the least!!! He always says, "I sowry mommy!"



Tell me, honestly, could you really be upset with this face?



20 comments:

The Cannon Chronicles said...

I'm so glad you went against Joey's wishes and got pictures to do this story justice. Man, you gotta love that Jakers!

Leslie said...

My mouth is hanging open! I would have had myself some rear, and I don't even spank! Bryan would have lost it...Seems that you and Joey handled it perfectly. I will have to get some spray sunscreen to keep on hand for emergencies!
Oh, Jakers!

Nana Net said...

ROFL~~ I got your call and thought "Oh my Lord!" And then tried to call you back on all 3 phones to no avail~~~
Of course your Uncle Mike and I kept asking each other :Where was Joey, while Jake was having himself some fun?" We figured you were busy cooking or helping Josey with something!
Anyway, I honestly could not get upset with Jake for doing that! He is just a little boy who will do what little boys do. Which is explore and see what they can get away with! :0) Of course when they do wrong the Daddy's always say "They are their Mama's babies!" :0) Tell Joey to take a chill pill and to just go with the flow. Cause surely he was not no saint himself when he was little! ROFL
Hugs & kisses. And I do love the pictures! Oh yeah Jake sure does have an Angelic looking face!!!!

Nana Net said...

Oh by the way Bath & Body Works Body Spray does wonders for Permanent Markers stains too! As well as the Mens thing call "Tag!" I have used both with excellent results. Plus 70% Alcohol on a washrag too! Just in case he tries it again..... :0(

Unknown said...

This is classic. I love it and I love you and Jake!

The Russ Family said...

Amy was telling me this story yesterday! Yikes! It sounds like something Drew would do. Got to love our boys in the "2 year" stage.

Cyndi said...

Girl...I laughed so hard at this post, then proceeded to share it with my husband who laughed and stared at the photos saying "Oh No" over and over as I scrolled down. Too funny.

Jill said...

First of all, we LOVE the bucs shirt from way back, Joey! Second...good parenting...this is why God gave me girls...I am a pile of mush when it comes to these boys.

Deborah said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you!! I think this is your best post yet!!!! I do what Joey does...Evan or Jordan becomes Wendell's son when he doesn't make a good choice because mommy will lose it!!!
ps. Joeys face in that picture telling you to put the camera down is priceless. LOVE it!

Samantha said...

Okay....being the clean freak that I am.....that one would have thrown me for a loop!! I would've probably went mental....and then have to apologize for it later!!! He's is a cutie though......Whew!! Thank God for sunscreen!!!

Nana said...

Well, he's my precious grandson and what can I say? 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree'?? I was there in the aftermath and it was bad...but soooo funny!! Jake knows how to work a crowd!
Nana (Diana)

The Magamolls said...

OMG this is too much! It makes me glad Mason isn't old enough to do much more than roll over yet! Oh what is to come...Glad yall could get it out though. Google is great! Happy Mother's Day :)

Denise said...

Oh.....my....goodness!! Just like Cindy, I kept saying oh no, oh no as I read. Really though, when they do something this extreme - what else can you do but laugh?!?! And I agree with Deborah - the picture of Joey is classic. Got to love it and that little Jakey.

lori said...

Girl!! You are brave to be getting out the camera out when "joey" is angry. I wish I could know what was going through Jakes head. That boy gives such a story. I am not sure how long I would have been able to be mad at him.

Tifferzz said...

aww, there's no way that you can stay mad at lil' ol
Jakers! He's just too sweet!

bryan said...

Oh...my...Joey, Leslie just told me what Jeanne's son did. The whole story made me feel sick, so I went and threw away all our permanent markers. I feel better now. You two are better parents then me because I would not have even thought to research 'how to get permanent marker out of skin'! :-)

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I'm speechless and giggling at the same time. This is the best post ever and I simply love the picture of Joey telling you to put the camera down. What a priceless moment.

Christy said...

Girl...I was laughing reading the whole post...dont you just love him being your son when he does something he isnt supposed too? He is just too cute and thank goodness you were able to get most of it off of everything!

Nana Net said...

HELLOOOOOOO~~~~~ Where r u at these days my dear????

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

You have a great blog...I enjoyed my visit. Stop by and visit me when you have some time and read about our latest Disney adventures....Grandparent trips are the BEST...and every comment enters you for the May giveaway.