Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jake!! (a little bit late)



October 23rd my Jake turned 2!! We decided to give him a ball party. He loves all kinds of sports stuff!

We didn't do a big party for him, just family. We have family night at my mama's every Tuesday and Joey's folks every Thursday. So...we figured he could celebrate both days.
The Tuesday party was cupcakes that Aunt Christy made for him. They had cute little soccer balls on them. Jaker's didn't eat any of the cupcake, though. Once he tasted that sugared up soccer ball it was all over. The rest of us tore them cupcakes up! The Thursday party was a ball cake his Nana made. I must admit that thing rocked! He loved it.

Jake did everything you'd want your 2 year old to do for his party. He cracked all of us up. I love the way he sings Hap Birday to ooh, hap birday to ooh, hap birday...then he'd start blowing like crazy and clap and yell, "Yay, Jake!" We had to relight the candles several times at both parties. It was too much.
He moved on to opening his presents. He jumped up and down and squealed. He made every person feel like they're gift was the best! Grampa Jack was there and he kept laughing and saying, "That sure is a happy birthday boy!" Grandpa Leroy was still talking about my son the next day. Jake really can put on a show! :)

I've put up a few pictures of my little man. There's one there from preschool. Jenny had the kids make these cute pumpkins and we put an unlit candle in Jake's. We all sang Happy Birthday to him and he blew his unlit candle out.

It's hard to believe he's 2 already. I know I sound old, but time does fly. I'm very thankful for every second with him! He really is the funniest person I've ever known. Jake's just a natural when it comes to making you laugh! He's got me wrapped around that tiny little 2 year old finger!

9 comments:

lori said...

And you are well aware of how I feel about my Jake!!! I love that little man

Leslie said...

I wonder where he gets his ability to entertain from? Before you know it he will be starting kindergarten. CRAZY. I love the pics. He is way too cute! Happy Birthday Jake.

Christy said...

Aww! He is so adorable! Happy Late Birthday to Jake!
He's a lucky little boy to have you as a mom!

oh and I know I missed Not Me Monday, I started volunteering at the kids school and ran out of time! I will try next week...I love doing them!

Denise said...

I see he got a little 4 wheeler. I bet that boy will be popping wheelies before long. And I like his little ear muff things and the big cheesin' smile he's got on with them. Cute little man! Happy Birthday Jakey.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

He is growing too fast! What a joy and delight he is. That boy just makes me smile!

Deborah said...

Those pictures are just plum adorable! I love it when kids get so excited about something. their joy is so BIG you can't help but be filled up with it also! Happy Birthday Jake!!!

Christy said...

Hey! Yes I made the ones with the orange/black choc. chips in them...did you eat them? I dont think I burnt those...LOL
I am so not a baker!

The Russ Family said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Can't believe our boys are turning 2 this year.

Jill said...

Oh what joy that little man brings to me...crazy...poor thing has no idea the number of people who care about him...it is almost tribal.

You and Joey are caring for a treasure (or two).