Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mamma Mia!








Hey everybody!!! I've missed blogging. Just an update...Jake is doing wonderful without his ba! Sweet freedom! Woo-hoo! He's such a good boy!

Mama, Christy and I headed to New York for the week. We decided 3 years ago we were going to do one trip a year together (just the 3 of us). The first one was the beach. The last 2 have been NYC. Thanks to my sweet sister and all of her eye surgeries.


I've titled this blog Mamma Mia for two reasons. 1) We watched that broadway show together...and 2) My mama is a nut! I've got to tell you that woman just isn't right! :) And I mean that in the most respectful way.


When we first got to the hotel she was all hung up on this sign about O'sized vehicles (please note the picture). Brenda Mae couldn't figure out what the heck a zero sized vehicle was and why they were charging $8 to park it. She kept saying, "What on earth is a zero sized vehicle. Well, I've never heard of such! Is it a bike or something?" Christy and I were just looking at each other like...is she for real? I told her it's not a zero sized vehicle or a bike. It's an oversized vehicle and that's why it's $8 extra!


Then, Mom's awake at the butt crack of dawn and headed down 33 flights for her morning cup of coffee and a cigarette. This man plops down beside her on the outside steps and lights up a joint. Yes, mar-i-ju-wanna! He asked her if she'd like to take a puff. She smiles and says no thank you. After she wouldn't participate in his illegal drug activity, he asks her if she minds if he sings to her. That man starts singing some crazy song to Mama. She just laughed. She has the nuttiest stories!


Another incident happened on Times Square when me and Christy about had to wrestle her down. That woman thought it would be funny to ask the horse police man if she could jump on back and get handcuffed. She wanted to text the picture to my brother, Brett. She didn't do it, but I have to admit that would've been a hoot!


We rode one of those bicycle man carts back to the New Yorker when Mamma Mia was over. I think we laughed the hardest then. We just knew at any given moment homeboy was gonna fling us off that cart and into oncoming traffic. Plus, we were a little loopy. We'd been up since 3 in the mernin and the show didn't end til around 11:00 that night. There's one picture of our driver man and the other of us cracking up!


Where would I be without that lady? We had ourselves the most wonderful dysfunctional life growing up and I thank my sweet Lord every day for giving me to the Rimes family!! My life has never been dull...NEVER! As long as my Mama's got something to do with it, I don't think it ever will.






11 comments:

Deborah said...

Your mama is DEFINITELY one of a kind and we love her for it!!! Where else could you have gotten your one-of-a-kind-ness!!! I miss all the crazy stories you tell of your silly mama!! Thanks for the laugh and finally giving us a post!!

lori said...

I love the thought of Brenda in New York. Next trip yall should take her to Vegas. And I am glad you took my advice on the bicycle taxi, that will always be one of my best New York memories. And while New York is great I really hope you and Christy get to be done going.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

It looks like ya'll had a blast! I'm so glad you get to make these memories with your sister and mother. Sweet memories you will cherish forever.

Christy said...

WOW! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time! I loved all the pics and Im so happy you guys get to spend that time together. My mom wants to take Mandi, Kiley and I someday for a girls trip to NYC...(im scared to fly)
I hope we will one day, they will just have to knock me out before the plane!

Cyndi said...

Now I know where you get your fun personality. I think it is awesome that you 3 get to go on a girls trip every year. Keep it up!

Leslie said...

I am so jealous. Mom, Jen and I so enjoyed our trip to LA last October and would love to go to NYC together. With all these babies, who knows when that will happen. I am glad you had so much fun!
Love,
Les

The Russ Family said...

Fun, Fun, Fun! Mom, Les, & I have said year after year that we are going to NYC together. It is definitely a woman's town. Brad didn't care for it. I'm glad you had so much fun.

Nana Net said...

Oh my Jeanne P.
I can just see your Mom (my sister) jumping up on that horse & asking the police to handcuff her! ROFL And I do know all to well about her coffee and smokes! Lord, how I love you three so much!

Grateful to see great pictures of you all looking oh so fine!

As for Lori's comment about Vegas (ROFL)....Tell her to ask your Mom about her trip to Vegas with your Maw Maw Whitfield, Aunt E., Aunt Patsy, and the other crazy ones that went!

Love, Aunt Nana Net

Jennifer said...

How I would love to go to NY! It's great that the 3 of you do this. I keep telling my sister we need to start a tradition like that.

Denise said...

Oh Ms. Brenda - never a dull moment, huh? Gotta love her. Glad you guys had fun. And like Lori said, I hope this is the end of Christy's surgeries.

lori said...

didn't jake have a birthday? Where's the blog, lay off the soaps and bon bons and post already