Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wednesday is here!




Wednesday! I've been wanting to tell you all about this! Everything that's anything happens on Wednesday for Jos! She's all about Wednesday. Things don't really happen then. That's just the day she picks and believes everything wonderful happens on. For instance, "We will go to Sea World on Wednesday. We will bake cookies with Aunt Cheryl on Wednesday. I will spend the night with Gigi on Wednesday. I will see (any number of children that she LOVES) on Wednesday. " She even puts off naps until Wednesday. She says, "Mommy, I don't want to take a nap right now, but I will do it on Wednesday." It's the cutest thing. So, when I was praying about preschool...Josie busts out with I will be a big girl and I will go on Wednesday. And that's today. Wednesday! It's here!
My best little girl in all the land! The sweet gift that I can still remember talking to in my tummy! The baby that I held in that brown chair all the time for at least the first 6 weeks of her life. I simply couldn't bring myself to put her down. :) Now, off she goes to be a big girl. Last night she wanted to go to sleep at 7:30 because she couldn't wait until it was a "big sunshine day" outside. She kept saying, "I will go to sleep and go to school NOW!" I'd tell her she'd go tomorrow morning and she'd say, "No, not tomorrow. NOW!!" Finally, I said, "Yes, NOW you will go to school."
She's been very excited to go with very few hesitations. We prayed this morning and Jake clapped (as he always does when we finish a prayer). On the way there she tells me, in that quivery voice, "I don't want to go to school. I'm scared." On the inside I was crying, "Baby, I'll turn this car around right now and we will play Dora, and Little People, and Princess, and do all the puzzles you want, and watch as many Hi-5's as your little heart desires." But, on the outside, I said, "I bet your friends are scared too! But, when you all get there you will be so happy." There was some converstation about what her friends Mommies were saying to them! Josie smiles at me in the rear view mirrow and says, "OK I will just sing then." She starts singing "All night, all day, angels watching over me my Lord! All night, all day, angels watching over me." I did cry then. She didn't see me.
When we got to school her little friends were there. I'm sure she's made even more new friends. She asked me why I wasn't going to stay with her for a little while and I told her Mommies couldn't stay anymore! She seemed fine with that. Mrs. Leigh Ann came over and asked Josie to pick a book for her to read to the kids. (Not for Josie to read, for Leigh Ann)! :) That was that! It's all I know so far. I'll chat more later after I pick her up!

9 comments:

Jill said...

All I have to say is you are a good momma. Tears girl. THanks.

Leslie said...

I am sitting at school with tears in my eyes. There is nothing like the feeling of leaving your baby for the first time. Oh, I go through it every year. She will be so happy and love it! She will be so smart and learn things that you didn't even think to teach her. She will be everyone's favorite and won't be able to wait to go back tomorrow! Be strong! It is harder for you than for her...
hugs and kisses

Hannah said...

Oh, Jeanne! I am sure she is going to have a great time! Amazing that them going to school for the first time is harder on us than on them. Addie said she was scared this morning also, so we to said a little prayer on the way in. Our sweet children being comforted by a big wonderful God.

So good to see you this morning!

lori said...

I am glad she had a good day and glad you were able to let her go and hold it together.

By the way your new blog look is awesome!!!

See ya wednesday

Jennifer said...

You are such a good mom Jeanne! I can't wait to hear how she did!!

Nana Net said...

Jeanne P., I am so proud of you and Josey! So hard to believe that she is already starting her first day in school...
Okay, back from wiping the tears away! Anyway, I just wish I could have been down there to hear her after she got home talk about her first big day at school. I can just imagine the excitement in her voice and the huge smile on your face as she tells everyone about it!
By the way the picture of her is adorable. As well as the one of you & her both.
My prayers are with you all.
Hugs, kisses and lots of loving!
Love,
Aunt Nana Net

Cyndi said...

Hi Jeane...man I love your blog spot! Your kids are ADORABLE! It is so good to be able to see what all your old friends are up to in their lives. I am so happy to see that life has been so kind to you. I will check back often. Your most recent entry is what most of us moms are going through right now. I cried reading it bc I know exactly how you feel! I can't wait to see what the future brings to you and your fam.

Deborah said...

awww...how sweet and sad at the same time. i hate that our kids have to grow so fast. i hope she had a good day...who knows...maybe she met her "best friend since the first day of PRESCHOOL!" :)

Denise said...

Wow - she's a big girl, mom. I bet that was the most emotional drive to school ever. You come up with the most perfect things to say to her to make everything alright - just like an excellent mommy would. I just love that she decided to sing when you told her it was okay to be scared. How so stinkin' sweet!! I can't wait to hear how the first day went. BTW - I absolutely love your new blog page!