Friday, July 3, 2009

The Bible says....

Look at this boy in his Daddy's hat! He thought he was so cool. Check out the rain boots. Jake calls them his work boots. What kind of job does he plan on having??? This has nothing to do with the blog. I just thought it was cute.

Jake and Josie have been saying some pretty funny things lately. They're always coming up with something to make me laugh. Here are a few....
Jake:

"Da Bible says don't drive your monster truck backwards!" This happened when I was playing trucks with him on his ramp. We used to have a basket and 2 books that made up a ramp. (See picture above). Not anymore. Thanks to Aaron we have an official monster truck ramp. (Picture to come soon). I was trying to show him some cool moves by doing the truck backwards when he came up with this scripture that I knew nothing about. According to Jake God's pretty adamant about only going forward. :)


When Joey hasn't shaved in a day or so he rubs Joey's chin and says, "Daddy, you gots ants on you face?"


Almost every morning Jake runs into our room crying. The other morning he came in and yelled, "Hey mom. I not crying. Will you make me milk?" I say it's still dark outside. He says, "Ok, can I lay wif you daddy? I need to kiss you." Guess who got up with Jakey??

Josie:

Tonight in the car on the way home from my Paw Paw's 82nd birthday party Jake's being Jake. Josie wanted the car quiet. Joey and I were good for that, but Jake kept making all these noises. Surely he wasn't doing it just to bother his sister. So Josie says, "Mommy, Jake is making me crazy. I'm bout to get mad at him and I really don't want to!" Joey cracks up laughing mumbling something like you are your mother's child.

About a week ago Josie busts out with, "Mommy, I want to die!" I'm freaking out like Holy Canoly what kind of 4 year old says something like that. My hearts racing. I'm trying to come up with some Word from the Lord. Then she continues with, "Did you tell me that there will be lots of candy in heaven? And God will let me have as much as I want?" I'm feeling better now because I can see where this is going. I tell her yes because when she gets to heaven she'll have no tummy aches. So she can have all the candy her little heart desires. At least that's what I'm hoping for myself :0) I let her know that she can have candy here too and she doesn't need to go on to the sweet by and by for some Airheads. That resolved it! She now wants to live!!!

9 comments:

Christy said...

This has to be the cutest post I have read! Kids are so wonderful and funny! It brought tears to my eyes reading it and thinking about mine when they were younger...they grow way too fast! Thanks for making me smile tonight!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

I love the picture of Jake in his overalls and boots. Too cute!!! It is so funny to hear children's thoughts put into words. How did we ever live life without them? They truly bring joy to our hearts, don't they?

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Lovin' Jake in his working boots! Your kids are adorable. I'm so in love with them! Jake's got some spiritual wisdom about those monster trucks he needs to share that word with Connor!

Leslie said...

That's precious. I love how silly kids can be. I hope you are more careful in the future about only driving those trucks forward. I would hate for you to have to repent for it!

Denise said...

My dad used to have a book called Kids say the darndest things. Those phrases would go well in that book. Josie and Jake are both so adorable. Love the overalls and green boots in Jakes picture.

Jill said...

That cracks me up...once Stephanie told me my freckles were prickly, and they were hurting her (yeah, I guess I needed to shave). Keep those stories comin...

lori said...

Love those Overalls. I should put the picture of Ethan in them up. Also Ethan used to say he wanted to go to heaven to play viedo games all day!

Deborah said...

Da bible says don't drive your monster truck backwards??? my oh my, i missed that section!!! love it!!

Cyndi said...

so cute! we adults never know what our kids will say, but there is always a lot of truth to it.