Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Beach!

We got to go to Melbourne beach for a 3 night stay at the Double Tree! Joey's daddy hooked us up with some Hilton points! Thanks for that one Pa! So here is a pictorial journey through the long weekend.


Josie and Jake after arriving at the beach. Of course we intended on leaving by 3:00, but no such thing happened..... You'll notice it's dark in this picture :)


Here's the kiddos and Daddy at Ron Jon's Surf Shop! I've never been. The kids really enjoyed it. Josie's sportin some beads she picked for Gigi and her very own cool rays. Please take note of Josie's stance. Jake's got his super high bouncy ball.



The Cannon's came Saturday for a day trip. Jake and Josie LOVED being with them. The waves at this beach were c-razy rough. So they kind of waded at the shore....often getting knocked down by the waves. Jake and Connor would just get up and say something about how fun it was. Yeah, real fun to get smacked down by a big ole heavy wave. Not so much for this little mama. Jake's the one on the right looking like he's about to dive in.



Here's Jakey at the pool (without his floaties)! He's so stinkin brave. I'm afraid he may be one of those adrenaline junkies one day! Heavens, I pray not. Anyway, every time he'd jump in to swim to Joey he'd say Janaminioes! It was supposed to be Geronimo. :) He did that over and over and over and over. The next day Josie got brave and decided she wanted Mommy to learn her how to swim like Daddy does Jake. So, I learned her!


My little surfer dude posing!




Josie would get blobs of sand and call them "puffer knuckles". She'd just drop them and smile. There were tons of those little treasures all around. Who needs a sea shell??




Jake's sweet innocent smile here! You see it? As I was taking the picture he was taking his sister's juice box thinking I wouldn't notice. The smile gave it away.




My girl...always posing. Seriously, it cracks me up. I had like 10 of these shots to choose from. She'd be like, take this one. Wait, do it like this. No, over here. Aw man, she's too much.



Our first day out. The water was c-c-c-c-old!



Our last day there! I told them to get together so I could take their picture. This is what I got! Perfect I tell ya!

All the way there Josie says the infamous, "Are we there yet?" We hadn't even gotten past Irby when the questioning began. Jake was pretty quiet. He's a good traveler, but he should be....he owes us!
The first night they were so excited to get to share a bed. However, Jake kept bothering Josie. I know it's almost impossible to believe, but he did. :) She'd say, "Stop hitting me Jaaaaakkkkeee!" He'd say, "I not hit you Jos. I touchin you!"
The first morning after the hullabulu of sunscreen, going potty, swimmers, suits, hair, packing, snacks, etc. We were stepping out the door when Jake blew chunks. YUCK! It was literal chunks. He'd had fruit loops and sausage for breakfast. He just wiped his mouth and said, "C'mon. I wanna go to da beach." After some much needed clean up we headed down.
The elevator was the biggest hit! They took turns pushing buttons.
Our last night there we let the kids pick where to eat. Of all the places they begged for the Waffle House! Can't take Sumter county out of them I guess!
We really had a wonderful time. And no one burned! :)

10 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks I could have done without the whole "chunks" info....what fun you had with your family vacation. Oh, by the way you are smokin in the pic with the kiddos. I am sorry to hear about Waffle House, but mine have voted for that a time to two. That smile and those eyes, I'm totally smitten.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

We had a blast spending time with ya'll at the beach! Jake was amazing jumping in the pool with no floaties. I hope my kids can take some cues from him. Those were some great pictures of your kids and you at the beach!

Deborah said...

chunks and poop...the joys of our boys! i can't believe Jake was jumping in without swimmies!!! that's awewome! loved all the pictures and stories!!!

Samantha said...

Love the pics.....and that Josie with all her poses....she'll be ready for the runway in no time!

Leslie said...

Sounds like tons of fun for 3 days! Jake blowing chunks is something one of mine would have done. Glad he wasn't really sick. It must be so hard for Josie to be so darn pretty!

Christy said...

I love all the pics! Sounds like a wonderful trip...even though Jake got a little sick to his tummy!
Your kids are so adorable!

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad your family was able to get away.

lori said...

Okay not sure whats funnier Jake blowing chunks then he wanted to go to da beach, or them asking for the dang waffle house. Actually this entire post made me smile. Love you guys

lori said...

oh and Jill must not know about the waffle.. Dont be sorry Jill, Jeanne even knows the words to the waffle house song.

Tifferzz said...

Sounds like you had fun!! Well... Other than the blowing chunks part! Josey and Jake's pictures are soo adoriable! Oh and by the way, the Shirtless wonder... Nat Flynn, yeah I think Jill saw it! lol you should have seen the shorts! lol!! And, I don't know how I do it either... It just happens! It's a gift! lol Maybe we should go to a show sometime and you may get to meet the headliner! lol!