Friday, March 13, 2009

Funky Fixins!


**Please note this funkyness is not a typical meal at the McDonald household!**

Believe it or not, I DO try to feed my kids the right food! You know....healthy stuff. It's quite the challenge for my ignorant behind! I have loved the wrong foods for as long as I've lived. Ever since I can remember I'd choose cereal over "real food" any day! I seriously have a crush on candy! Thanks be to God middle age has kicked in and I do actually have a sweet limit. Plus, my mouth gets so raw I cannot possibly eat the entire bag of Now & Laters anymore! Yes, bag! At Halloween they have these hugungous bags of sinful treats!


So I work hard to put good things in my babies bodies! I don't want them to love the junk I love! Tonight was hilarious! The combination was actually kinda nasty, but the kids ate it up! They had oatmeal (real Quaker Oats), edamame, and a hard boiled egg! I threw the grapes in for color! :)


Joey laughed his butt off when he saw their plates. He was like....eew! But, when my sweet little Josie sat down, she exclaimed, "Mommy, this is the BEST supper ever!" Ha!

Just thought I'd share this! Real food is getting easier for me! I'm no Paula Deen! Everyone who knows me knows the kitchen is my thorn! But I am trying! Who would have thought Jeanne of all people would care about the food groups (at least when it comes to my kids)?

Lori's been a feen about taking pictures of my kids. I put a few on here that I love! This ones for you Nana Net!

9 comments:

Nana Net said...

Oh my JP, THANK YOU!!!!!! Them there babies are truly growing up so fast! And what beautiful ones they are!!!!!
Now as to their dinner...I say as long as they eat that is all that matters!
But being the sweet Great-Aunt I am...I will put together a Cookbook for you! What ya think of that my dear niece?

Deborah said...

edamame??? i don't even know what that is! but good for you! i don't try so hard to be "healthy" as much as get something from all the food groups. loved the pics too! evan had fun playing with jake the other day...they sort of kicked the ball to each other!

Leslie said...

Good job girl! It is so hard to get kids to eat the right thing. Mine would rather snack than eat a meal. If they like hard boiled eggs, they are going to love easter!

Cyndi said...

good job girl!!!
i really really really love that photo of josie. she is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

First of all...what in the world is edamame?!! I love what you fixed for them though...I like to give Will a variety of food. Sometimes I make scrambled eggs, then give him cheese squares and grapes. He loves it! It's easy and healthy. I am not good at feeding Will healthy food...that's all I'll say about that ;) He absolutely did not walk around yesterday with a bag of Cheetos!

Anyway, your children are so beautiful! I love seeing pictures of them!

Please update your blog and define edamame! :)

Jill said...

Here is a shout out to you!!!!!!!! You go girl! That is a way healthy meal. I have made some meals that look just like that. You are doing a magnificent job, and those two gorgeous kids are proof.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Connor sure did love him some edamame!! That picture of Josie is tooooooo cute! You're a good mama - that makes delicious meals for your babies! One day they'll thank you!

lori said...

edamame? I even talk to you everyday and forgot to ask what that is.

Denise said...

Yum yum!! :) I wish Parker would eat oatmeal. But he is all about some hard boiled eggs. They just need to come up with a faster way to cook them! Your kids are adorable!!