Monday, February 23, 2009

One Week Today!



Praise the Lord! It has been one week today that my Jaker's has slept through the night! YES, through the entire night. We haven't had to go in his room once during the night in a whole entire week!


Not only has he slept through the night, he has slept until "The big sunshine day." That's what my kids call it. You know the time when normal people should be getting up. I've told both of them in the past that I am a stay at home mommy and there's no reason for us to be starting our day at 5 in the a.m. :) He's now getting up anywhere from 6:30 to a big fat thank you Jesus 7:30!


I tried everything with him to get him to stay in his bed and sleep. Ya'll have heard how he did. At any given moment, in the pitch black of night, Jake would show up beside me saying, "Hello Mama." He's even stopped doing that. He stays in his bed for naps and bedtime. Oh, hallelujah!!!


So I figured since I'd vented about the sleepless nights that I'd rejoice about the sleep-full nights! :) Love me some Jake Landon!!!

9 comments:

Nana Net said...

Hallelujah, Amen!
Your little man is a growing up. We surely do miss & love you all.

Love,

Aunt Nana Net

lori said...

And your energy level has been through the roof!!

Good job Jake

Leslie said...

How did you get him to do that? We still have problems with Raleigh being in our room in the morning when we wake...

Jill said...

Oh, you tell that Mr. Jakers that Ms. Jill will be bringing him a special surprise on Wed. before sewing....I love me some Jake too....When are we all gonna learn that Mr. Jake Landon McDonald does things on his timetable, and not a minute before....he is building a depth in you that makes me wonder what you are gonna need that well for...cause it is deep!!!!!!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Way to go Jakers! I think it's time to add another one to the family before you get used to all that sleep! Just Kidding! I am so . . . happy for ya'll!

Deborah said...

Yaaay Jake! I know how that extra hour or hour and a half make ALL the difference!!! I've gotten Evan sleeping through the night but he isn't doing that great with naps....i think that might be because nana lets him sleep in her arms at her house! oh well!

ps...i'm so glad you're still blogging! makes me feel more a part of your life.

Denise said...

Isn't he a cute little bugger with that hat on. I'm glad he's sleeping through the night for you, but I bet he's still adorable in the pitch black of night saying Hi mama. :)

The Light's, party of 4 said...

It is such a wonderful feeling! Abbie was 4 before she slept through the entire night and I'll never forget that morning. 7:30 is good too. I'm always thankful when Trever sleeps until 6:45. Enjoy your peaceful sleep, you deserve it.

Nana Net said...

Ok, where ya be my lil neice? I miss ya blogging? Please let me know how your world is doing......