Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Josie is 4!

My Josie girl turned 4 on January 31st!

She came early! 11 days early as a matter of fact! I remember wanting to keep her in there until the "Love" month! What a nut you are with your first! I really don't mind the January birthday. Although with those baby calenders that you get, you know the ones you put the stickers on anytime they experience their first bath, first tooth, first poop! Seems like they had a sticker for everything! Well, when your child is born on the 31st you can't put a sticker on the exact day they turn 1 month old, 2 months old, 3 months old....! February only goes to 28 (most years), so I had to put her 1 month old sticker on the 28th instead of the 31st. I had serious issues with that! And darned if it didn't happen in April and June and you get my drift!

Moving on! Josie had her perfect Princess party! Two of them actually! She got her dream doll house and everything princess you can imagine! Lucky duck got two princess cakes. One made by Nana the Great (cook) and the other by Mommy the Not-So-Great(cook)! Honestly though, I was pretty impressed with my cake skills! :) If I ever get the slide show to work I'll show you both cakes! Just couldn't waste my room on the page with cake shots.



Which leads me to the fact that I can only get 4 pictures on this blog page lately! I tried to do the slide show thing, AGAIN! Yes, I know I need some help for rizzle with that mess. Somebody, anybody, show me how to do a slide show!!!!


Look at that bald-headed baby girl at 18 months old! Finally getting some fuzz!



Here's her first piggy tails! I'll never forget pulling up into Aunt Krista's driveway and seeing that hair! I had NO idea such things were possible!



Here's my sweetness getting ready for sleep in her treasured Tinkerbell nightgown. She's got herself some lovely locks now! Josie is forever asking me why I don't have long hair. And I'm forever telling her that if my hair looked like that...I would!


Finally! It's my Jakers singing Happy Birthday to his beloved (way too good to him) big sister!





11 comments:

lori said...

Josie is growing so fast, she is a great girl with a great heart. She has her mothers ability to create smiles on the faces of people in her presence.
Happy birthday sweet girl

Jill said...

Lovely. Absolutely precious. Happy four. How is it possible that her inner beauty matches her outer beauty? She is one of our favorite people. Enjoy the journey!

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Those pictures of Josie just make me ache. Oh my Lord that girl is gorgeous and she has grown so much. I'm so glad she had a wonderful birthday. That doll house rocks - I especially love the little toliet with attached toliet bowl scrubber! Too Cute!

The Russ Family said...

Happy Birthday Josie! She is such a pretty little girl...and Jake is one handsome boy. Drew has really started to want to sing lately. It's been "if your happy and you know it."

The Light's, party of 4 said...

Happy birthday,Josie. She is just absolutely beautiful. Time flies when it's full of fun!

Nana Net said...

JP, I just love the video of Jake singing to his big sister Josie! Your Uncle Mike says "WOW, how they both have grown. Plus, listen to Mr. Jake sing! Way to Go!" He just could not believe how that boy could sing the whole song at just the age of 2! He wanted me to tell you that Josie looks so much like her Mama. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Now as to the slide show--e-mail or call me and I will try to help ya. Can't promise ya anything. 0-)

Oh yeah, I do love all of the pictures. Miss Josie sure has grown and blossemed into a lovely young lady!

Love, Aunt Nana Net

P.S. Glad they both loved their presents from us. And the video on my blog will be back on Monday. It just disappeared!

Deborah said...

4???? she's 4??? already? wow how time flies. such a cliche but it's the truth. i love the pictures. she is so stinkin pretty! ;)

my advice on the slideshow is to use Microsoft movie maker. it's pretty easy. if your computer doesn't have it then you can download it for free.

Christy said...

Aww! She is so sweet! I love her hair too! Happy Late birthday to her, Im behind on blogging and commenting! Your kids are just too adorable!

Denise said...

Such a big girl!! That pony tail picture is just too precious. I remember when you got the dream doll house when we were kids - I was so jealous!! Ha ha. Miss you guys.

Cyndi said...

Happy Birthday Little Sweet.
She has some seriously beautiful hair!!!!

Alma Gail Russ said...

Tell Josie I said Happy Birthday!