Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel good!



I love when my kids feel good! LOVE IT! These two have been battling sickness for longer than I want to even think about. So, when they feel good......they feel real good! And, so do I!

It was a lazy kind of day because of the dern jack frost outside. Austin got here a little before 8:00 for school! Lord knows I love that boy! Here's one reason. Our pump had frozen some time in the wee hours (shame on the daughter of a well driller for not letting the water run last night). Joey's alarm was set for 5:00, just like most every morning. He went to take a shower, but no water came out. He bundled up and ran to the pump in the freezing cold to put a lamp on the well or some jive. Low and behold it worked, for him anyway.

Around 8:30 I jumped in. The water pressure was way low, but it was hot so I didn't think too much of it. Until......it shut off. Completely. No water. Thank the good Lord Haysus I'd gotten all the conditioner out of my hair first! :) That's where my appreciation for Austin comes in. Sweet kid went out there in the mid 30's to fix the pressure switch that had frozen. At least that's what I think he did. All I know was there were way too many steps in Joey's directions for me to fix it.

I'm pretty certain that my kids love him even more than I do. I know you saw that mega fort he made with them. I came out and there were blankets and sheets everywhere. You should have heard Josie. "Oh A, this is the most beautiful fort ever. Look how big it is!" Jake was scrambling around like an Army man under the stuff. I even shimmied my little self through the fort maze. We had so much fun.


I do thank God for feeling good and the laughter He's placed in this home of ours. It comes through so many people. Today just happened to be Austin!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Christy said...

I love it! Its great they are feeling so good! I cant believe your pump froze...I would have had a fit.
All of Christy's kids were so sweet. I cant wait to take pics of them again! Great personalities!!!

Cyndi said...

Forts are so much fun!!!
Glad to hear your family is healthy. It is so hard when they are sick and pass it back and forth.
BRRRRRRRRRRRRR (:

Jill said...

Love the tents. So glad to hear your house is feeling good...it is our turn at the germ fest, but it will pass soon....as for that gift of Austin, let me just tell you, girl, you are planting some seeds of worthfulness that his wife and family will one day reap from. He is seeing how a Jesus-lovin' momma cares for her kids and others. He hears how many times a day that phone rings and you put on your counselor/preacher/friend hat. He is finding a safe place to be when the world says stay away. I love it that you and Joey are being faithful to him...your kids will reap the blessings of it too.

The Cannon Chronicles said...

Way to go Austin, warming hearts and water pumps! He is a delight and so are your beautiful children!

Nana Net said...

Oh JP, what can I say?? You are truly a wonderful Aunt, Mama, Niece and everything else all rolled up into one beautiful person!
Austin and everyone else that you come in touch with is truly blessed to have you in their lives! I oh so love you my dear.
By the way the pictures are terrific! Austin sure is growing up so fast. And I must admit he brings a tear of joy to my eyes! Why? Cause he looks like my Duane! Plus he does have such a giving soul and personality! And I oh so love that Fort he built for you all.
Now as to the well....Thank goodness you got the problem fixed without it costing you money! LOL
Take care of you and those precious babies. They too are growing up so fast. I can not wait to get down there to see them and you all.
Love, Aunt Nana Net

Deborah said...

i loved your post!!! You make us wait for them but they always make me smile. I laughed out loud when you wrote "Shame on the daughter of a well driller to not let the water run"...we've been in that boat too. not so fun when you're mid-shower and HAVEN'T rinsed the conditioner out of your hair and it turns off. and that fort was AWESOME! Jordan and Ethan made a pretty cool fort once...not as big as that one though. They just might have to try again though! sorry for the novel comment! love ya

Leslie said...

Forts ARE the coolest! You do make us wait too long for a new blog :) It sucks when the kiddies are sick. I am glad they are feeling better. I take for granted that all of our important house stuff is buried underground, so I never have to deal with much of that. I know my Dad has had a trash can and a light on top of their pump. Good luck tonight! It's going to be another cold one!

The Magamolls said...

OMG forts are the best! Before we had Mason I told Kyle that I can't wait until he's old enough to build them. They were always my favorite growing up. And our pipes froze up last night too. However I wasn't as fortunate as you to get the conditioner out of my hair before it cut off....

lori said...

Oh Those boys look sooooo cute.
I miss your family!