Monday, December 8, 2008

Traditions!





Aunt Cheryl and Josie have the sweetest relationship! For more than a year now she and Josie have made Aunt Cheryl's homemade chocolate chip cookies together. And I do mean together. Cheryl lets Josie be a part of each step. It's so special!

When I tell the kids that Uncle Lennie and Aunt Cheryl are coming Jake says, "Aint Cheryl cookies, Unca Lennie couch." If that's not the truth, I don't know what is! Cheryl works in the kitchen and Lennie chills on the sofa.

I had to take a picture of Cheryl's nails. Josie pays such close attention to every detail. One morning we were watching a Hi-5 show. Lord, help me! Josie saw that Kimee's nails were polished. She goes, "Look Mommy, she has paint on her nails like Aunt Cheryl!" Then I got to thinking....I don't think, in all my years of knowing Cheryl, that I've ever seen those nails naked!

We love our family tradition! :)
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Deborah said...

Josie looks so cute with her hair like that! Talk about kids growing up so fast...man...where is the time going? Aunt Cheryl is a very special aunt indeed huh? how sweet!

Leslie said...

I was so excited when your blog popped up and I saw Cheryl! She is one of my most favorite people. I will share a secret with you: she paints her nails in the car while she is driving to where ever she is going. She just adds another coat! Jolie is so lucky to have her in her life. She is just absolutly the best.

lori said...

Lenny couch tooooo funny

Josie and cheryl are too cute cooking those cookies

The Russ Family said...

That is so sweet. I can remember baking cookies since I was a little girl. I was just asking Mom today when we were going to make our Christmas cookies. :-)

The Cannon Chronicles said...

That looks like fun ~ it's so nice to have special people in our children's lives who they can learn from.

Christy said...

Awww! That is so sweet. I love having traditions! Your little Josie is absolutley adorable and the cookies look delicious!

Denise said...

Josie sure is a beautiful little girl. Cheryl is so good to you guys! Miss you.

Cyndi said...

i appreciate the hi 5 shout out. my kids LOVE them. fyi...they come to sea world a couple of times a year and do a concert. it is in a small room and all the seats are really close. it's alot of fun for the kids, they sign autographs and it isn't mass craziness.

cookies...yum!

Nana Net said...

There is nothing like "Family Traditions!" They truly do warm the heart and soul up with great memories. Thanks for sharing.